Our strategic plan for 2017-2020 was adopted at our AGM in September 2016. The plan sets out our objectives and outlines how we will work with our members to achieve them.
During 2016, an extensive strategic planning review was undertaken which involved conducting an analysis of NIDOS, of international development in Scotland and of relevant political, economic, social and technical factors. Conversations were held with members to invite their views on the best ways forward for their own organisations and for NIDOS (as it was then known) as it considered how to optimise the use of resources. The NIDOS Board appointed a strategic planning steering group which oversaw the drafting of a new strategy in response to the findings of the review and presented them to the 2016 AGM. The membership approved the changes at the AGM, which were principally:
- To change the membership categories to organisations and individuals, and
- To change the name to Scotland’s International Development Alliance (known as The Alliance).
The new name was chosen to reflect the fact that work which drives international development in Scotland is, and should be, conducted by diverse people and groups, and that in working together in closer collaboration between different sectors, there was potential to improve Scotland’s combined achievements.
The name change was formally adopted at the General Meeting in March 2017 and launched at the Annual Conference and AGM in September 2017.
Our strategy has four objectives:
1. To grow our membership base and improve the services we provide to members.
2. To improve perceptions of international development and the profile of the sector in the minds of the public and other key stakeholders
3. To better represent the sector on policy and advocacy issues
4. To ensure the infrastructure and IT capability are fit for purpose to deliver the plan
Who We Are
Our history, vision and mission statement shape our organisation.
We adhere to certain values, and we ask our members to do the same.
Our Strategic Plan
Our strategic plan sets out our objectives and outlines how we will work with our members to achieve them.
We work in partnership with our members as well as others in Scotland, the UK and internationally. this page sets out our main partners and funders.
Our Board of Trustees is responsible for the overall governance and strategic direction of the charity.
We are a small team with a range of skills and backgrounds.
Reports and Finance
This section provides the latest documents relating to our governance and operations
We welcome your inquiries, so don't hesitate to get in touch.