Members' Views on 2019 Training Priorities
Last month we announced the five lucky winners of our Effectiveness & Learning survey, who won an SCVO training voucher worth £100. Thank you to all the members that took the survey to tell us what your top training priorities for 2019 are. We value your suggestions and we will incorporate them into our plans for the Effectiveness & Learning programme of events for 2019.
We had 23 individual responses to the survey with 21 different member organisations giving us their views on the Effectiveness & Learning services that we offer. This represents 15% of our 150 members (as of December 2018).
Key findings from the survey include:
- The most used Effectiveness & Learning services were: 1) face to face training, 2) the Safeguarding Toolkit, and 3) the Alliance Community.
- The least often used Effectiveness & Learning services were: 1) webinars, 2) online training, and 3) the web based resources.
- 62% of respondents do not have a training budget for their staff team, volunteers or trustees.
- Only one respondent answered that it would be useful to provide materials in languages other than English.
- The top three topics and themes that members would like more training on in 2019 are: 1) fundraising and grant applications, 2) managing international development projects and reporting to donors, and 3) monitoring, evaluation and learning.
- Other topics that members expressed interest in included: communications, social media specifically, governance, trustee training, and financial management.
- The top three software that respondents were most familiar for online training were: 1) Skype, 2) GoToTraining/Webinar/Meeting, and 3) Zoom.
Respondents also commented that they would like to see more training sessions specifically designed for very small charities or organisations, and that they would like to see more courses held in Glasgow and other local areas.
If your organisation didn’t get a chance to complete the survey, please get in touch with a member of the Effectiveness & Learning team to let us know what your priority training areas for 2019 are.