February Roundup of the Alliance Community
Are you looking for the latest updates on the Alliance’s work between our meetings and events? Did you know that we have online discussion space for the Policy Committee, our four working groups (Leave No-one Behind; Funding; Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning, and Safeguarding) and all of our events, so that you can carry on the conversations with members you met?
We convene an online forum called the Alliance Community designed to connect our network of over 200 members. The space convenes nearly 300 individuals from 140 organisations, with threads for sharing learning and seeking recommendations. Our members use the forum to swap interesting articles, recommend service providers and find new collaboration opportunities.
Here is a summary of February’s activity, which included:
- Sign-ups from members the Kerusso Trust, Habitat for Humanity GB, and Link Education International. View the introductions thread to learn more about our new community users!
- An invitation to submit questions for our upcoming webinar about remote Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning on the 24 March where we will explore what we have learned from the COVID-19 pandemic
- A post highlighting the IDC inquiry about the philosophy and culture of aid
- A question about being ATOL and/ or ABTA registered
- Swapping recommendations for auditors working in Edinburgh
- Swapping providers of insurance for international conferences
- Discussion of UNEP’s new report Making Peace with Nature
- Signposting Hub Cymru Africa’s new guide to using digital tools and discussion of what digital tools you use in your work
- Signposting SCVO’s newly launched Trustee Network
- Promotion of the Resource and Support Hub’s new online training modules called Safeguarding Matters
- A collection of reasons to feel positive in 2020 – let us know what’s exciting in the development sector in the coming year!
Open partnership and collaboration requests include:
- A request to partner a Ugandan-based NGO working on a COVID-19 response project
- A request to partner an Ethiopian civil society organisation working on education
Need help signing up? Find out how to sign up and complete a series of simple tasks with our explainer and short video.