Alliance Community Roundup May 2020
As the Alliance and its’ member organisations continue to work from home, feeling part of the network and knowing who you can ask for advice is more important than ever. Here at the Alliance we have a digital forum called the Alliance Community designed to connect members with each other to discuss, share and crowdsource solutions to challenges we all face.
Over 100 different member organisations and more than 200 individuals are signed up to the forum. Here is a summary of this month’s activity which included:
- Sign-ups from members: the 2050 Climate Group and the University of Glasgow. You can view the introductions thread to learn more about the new users and their favourite development fuzzwords! Have you introduced yourself to the network yet?
- Your chance to submit any legal questions about COVID-19 for inclusion in our forthcoming legal FAQs. Do you have a query to add to the list?
- Discussion of COVID-19 and its impact on Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning, specifically remote data gathering tools. Have you used a particularly good tool recently that you would recommend to members?
- Discussion of Giving Tuesday events and swapping examples of outdoor fundraising challenges submitted by members in response to the limitations that COVID-19 is having on our fundraising plans. Have you got an example you can share to inspire other members?
- Top tips about how to facilitate successful and engaging remote meeting tips. Have you found any good resources to share or got any recommendations about how to use digital software like Zoom?
- Discussion threads for recent events, including: a webinar about project sustainability on 30 April, Risk Management training held on 5 May and the Zambia Roundtable to discuss COVID-19 on the 20 May. Did you attend and want to continue conversation with fellow attendees?
- Updates from the Funding Working Group which met on the 19 May to discuss learnings from BBC Radio 4 appeals and the power of digital fundraising.
Open partnership and collaboration requests include:
- A request to connect with members working on education in Rwanda.
- A request for an NGO to partner with an academic organisation working on supply chain issues in Brazil.
- A request by members within the policy committee to work together on 2021 manifesto related campaign work. Are you interested in aligning the policy asks of different members and producing a short document/brochure covering various thematic asks?
Need help signing up? Find out how to sign up by watching our short explainer video.