2019 Alliance Photo Competition now launched!
We are delighted to announce the return of the Alliance Photo Competition 2019 and to invite entries for this year’s theme ‘Sustainable development through the lens of gender’.
Your photo might focus on your work to address Goal 5 of the sustainable development goals which seeks to attain gender equality and empower all women and girls, or it might relate to your efforts to address key targets under other Goals, whilst putting gender at the forefront.
You might like to submit an entry illustrating your efforts to provide women and girls with equal access to education and employment opportunities, or how boys and men must also be in the frame when it comes to efforts to promote gender equality and address discrimination and injustice.
There is no age limit for entrants, and applications are encouraged from individual and organisational members working in Scotland and/or overseas.
The top entries will be displayed at our Annual Conference on the 25th September 2019 and a prize will be awarded to the winning entry.
Please note you do not need to be a professional photographer to enter – feel free to get snapping with your smartphone!
How to Apply
- Deadline for submission is 30th August 2019
- Send images as attachments to email@example.com in JPEG format
- Along with images please provide the following details in a Word document:
- Organisation (if applicable)
- Photo Title
- Short description of the photo: (Maximum 250 words)
Terms & Conditions
- Entries should comply with the DOCHAS code
- Images can be portrait or landscape
- Images submitted should be of print quality, ideally a minimum of 2480 x 3508 pixels.
- Maximum of 3 entries per individual or organisational member entrant
- By submitting your photograph, you are consenting to the Alliance displaying your image on our website and social media channels. All photos will be credited unless you specifically ask us not to name the photographer.
- The top entries will be reviewed by a panel and displayed at our Annual Conference.