Link Community Development International
Link Community Development is a family of organisations working to transform education for children and communities across impoverished rural areas of Ethiopia, Ghana, Malawi, Rwanda and Uganda through innovative, low-cost and replicable models.
The need for our work:
• Governments and schools rarely have access to accurate data to enable effective use of limited resources. We help build their capacity to improve data management and application
• Reading skills can break the cycle of poverty. Children whose mothers can read are 50% more likely to live past age five. Link develops effective literacy and numeracy programmes for communities in need across sub-Saharan Africa
• Weak school governance reduces community school ownership. Our School Performance Review (SPR) gives citizens a voice, fostering a culture of transparency, trust and mutual accountability between communities and schools, enabling greater collective responsibility
• Teachers are key to learning but receive little professional development or support. We provide high quality teacher training, mentoring and support
• Unsupportive cultural and societal norms exclude vulnerable children. We help education leadership develop and sustain inclusive practices
• Rural African schools can be over-crowded, unsafe and unconducive to learning. We help schools to become “child-friendly” through safe infrastructure, sanitation facilities and child protection policies.
We have partner offices in each of the countries we work in - Ethiopia, Ghana, Malawi, Rwanda and Uganda - who deliver our programmes.
Organisational member, E
Areas of Interest
- Education – Development & Capacity Building
- Education – General
- Education - Schools