- Accountability to people we work with
- Organisational culture
- The employment cycle
- Reports and complaints mechanisms
- ensure support for survivors, victims and whistle-blowers; enhance accountability and transparency; strengthen reporting; and tackle impunity
- incentivise cultural change through strong leadership, organisational accountability and better human resource processes
- adopt global standards and ensure they are met or exceeded
- strengthen organisational capacity and capability across the international aid sector to meet these standards
Safeguarding Unit, DFID
Safeguarding Resource and Support Hub
This will be funded by DFID and provide essential support on safeguarding, especially for smaller organisations working in international development. In particular it proposes to cover the following areas:
- A ‘one-stop shop’ for guidance and training;
- Facilitating access to quality assured support services, including referral to pools of specialists, including investigators, counsellors and legal experts;
- Building evidence and facilitating innovation.
Safeguarding & Whistleblowing Example Policies
A range of example safeguarding and whistleblowing policies for organisations to read, review and adapt to individual contexts.
Safeguarding Research Summary
This report provides the analysis of a small research project conducted by the Scottish Government and Scotland’s International Development Alliance with stakeholders in the international development sector.
Developing a Safeguarding Policy
This is a tool to help organisations develop their own safeguarding policies.
SCVO's Good Governance Checkup
SCVO have created a Good Governance Checkup document to be used in conjunction with the Scotland Governance Code for the third sector to help trustees regularly review their governance.
TrustLaw's legal health check for NGOs and social enterprises
The Thomson Reuters Foundation has developed a Legal Health Check to assist NGOS and social enterprises identify some of their operational legal needs.
Members Guide to Accessing TrustLaw
We have partnered with TrustLaw to facilitate free legal assistance for social enterprises and NGOs that we support. TrustLaw is a global programme of Thomson Reuters Foundation that connects the world's leading legal teams to provide free legal assistance to organisations working for social and environmental change. This guide explains how Alliance members can access this service.
Tools, templates and examples of various safeguarding resources and policies.
Different organisations' definitions of safeguarding.
A definition of due diligence and examples of the due diligence process.
Examples of safeguarding policies from different large, medium and small organisations.
Sample codes of conduct, whilstleblowing and bullying & harassment policies
Reporting & Investigation
An example of a reporting and case management form.
Legislative policies relating to the wider safeguarding context in Scotland and the UK.
Meet the Safer for All Package
Ministerial foreward to the Safer for All package.
Scotland's Global Role
The Scottish Government's international development policy and how it relates to safeguarding.
The wider UK safeguarding context and key government summits.