- Accountability to people we work with
- Organisational culture
- The employment cycle
- Reports and complaints mechanisms
- ensure support for survivors, victims and whistle-blowers; enhance accountability and transparency; strengthen reporting; and tackle impunity
- incentivise cultural change through strong leadership, organisational accountability and better human resource processes
- adopt global standards and ensure they are met or exceeded
- strengthen organisational capacity and capability across the international aid sector to meet these standards
Safeguarding Unit, DFID
Safeguarding Resource and Support Hub
DFID is carrying out this survey to gather views on the use and effectiveness of safeguarding measures and expertise to prevent Sexual Exploitation Abuse and Harassment (SEAH), and this will inform the development of the Hub.
This will be funded by DFID and provide essential support on safeguarding, especially for smaller organisations working in international development. In particular it proposes to cover the following areas:
- A ‘one-stop shop’ for guidance and training;
- Facilitating access to quality assured support services, including referral to pools of specialists, including investigators, counsellors and legal experts;
- Building evidence and facilitating innovation.
It is really important that organisations which would aim to use the Hub feed in to this consultation to ensure that it best meets the needs of organisations. (Please note that all data will be anonymised in the report).
Please complete the survey by 27 January.
Safeguarding & Whistleblowing Example Policies
A range of example safeguarding and whistleblowing policies for organisations to read, review and adapt to individual contexts.
Safeguarding Research Summary
This report provides the analysis of a small research project conducted by the Scottish Government and Scotland’s International Development Alliance with stakeholders in the international development sector.
Developing a Safeguarding Policy
This is a tool to help organisations develop their own safeguarding policies.
Tools, templates and examples of various safeguarding resources and policies.
Different organisations' definitions of safeguarding.
A definition of due diligence and examples of the due diligence process.
Examples of safeguarding policies from different large, medium and small organisations.
Sample codes of conduct, whilstleblowing and bullying & harassment policies
Reporting & Investigation
An example of a reporting and case management form.
Legislative policies relating to the wider safeguarding context in Scotland and the UK.
Meet the Safer for All Package
Ministerial foreward to the Safer for All package.
Scotland's Global Role
The Scottish Government's international development policy and how it relates to safeguarding.
The wider UK safeguarding context and key government summits.