Digital Summit: Global Development beyond Covid-19
Thursday, 24th September 2020
Join us from 10.30-15.00 on Thursday 24 September for our first ever digital summit!
This interactive online event will bring together representatives from the diverse international development and humanitarian community in Scotland and beyond to explore the big picture implications of Covid-19 on our sector and the communities we work with.
Together we'll explore examples of good practice and innovative responses to the pandemic, as well as considering how we can work collaboratively to forge a more sustainable, inclusive and resilient future, as envisaged in the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.
- To offer insight into the complex and far-reaching effects of the Covid-19 pandemic on the development and humanitarian sector;
- To share examples of good practice where our sector has adapted and responded to the pandemic in order to address emerging needs;
- To explore lessons learned from the pandemic and our response to it, and how this can help us to “build back better”;
- To connect representatives from the global development and humanitarian sector and encourage new collaborations and continued partnership.
How will it work?
Hosted on an easy-to-use online platform, the event will feature engaging live sessions and options to interact with fellow participants through chat functions, discussion boards and virtual networking.
You'll have the chance to shape the day according to your own interests and background, choosing from a range of sessions on relevant topics, including:
- Covid-19 and the evolving funding landscape
- Climate change and Covid-19: resilience against a convergence of crises
- Enhancing the humanitarian-development-peace nexus post-Covid-19
- Addressing deep-rooted inequalities in a recovery from Covid-19
- Lessons learned in the context of public health messaging
- The impact of Covid-19 on public perceptions of aid and development
- Covid-19 and the impact on education globally
- Safeguarding in the times of Covid-19
- Power dynamics and partnerships
- Ensuring a sustainable and just transition towards Agenda 2030
SECURE YOUR PLACE TODAY!
Booking for this event is via Eventbrite. The event is free to attend for Alliance members and £20 for non-members. Sign up by clicking here.
With special thanks to our headline sponsor, StoneX.
The StoneX Global Payments team specialises in helping global development organisations, corporations and banks transfer funds across borders quickly, efficiently and transparently.
If you have any questions regarding our Digital Summit, or if you are interested in exhibition or sponsorship opportunities, please contact Membership Services Manager, Catherine Garner, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.