COP 26 mobilisation planning meeting
Tuesday, 17th December 2019
Edinburgh Centre for Carbon Innovation
High School Yards, Infirmary Street, Edinburgh EH1 1LZ.
The UK is set to host COP26 climate change negotiations in December 2020 in Glasgow. SCCS and other civil society groups are already planning how best to organise around this significant political moment.
The Alliance has committed to working together with these organisations as part of a broader coalition of civil society.
The wider coalition that we are working with has already identified that a key area of work will be front-lining voices of those most impacted by the climate crisis (these are often the most marginalised in society, many of whom are in the global south).
Therefore, We think there is an important role for the Alliance to play, amplifying the voices of our diverse membership who have partners across the world. We must ensure that the voices of those in the global south are heard loud and clear.
Join us in central Edinburgh to discuss how we can approach making the most our global connections and bring the voices of those most affected to the table.
The main aims of this meeting will be:
- Share broader civil society plans for COP26, and find out main takeaways from COP25
- Work out what Alliance members can achieve by working together, and define the distinct role the Alliance can play
- Discuss ways that the Alliance can help identify and amplify voices of southern partners
Some questions that might be worth thinking about before the meeting are:
- What are we going to do together/separately?
- How should the Alliance interact with other civil society groups?
- How will we engage with the Scottish and UK Governments on COP26?
- What is the best way to add value to ensure climate justice is central to the narratives around COP26?
This meeting will be live streamed on Zoom, so if you can't make it in person, you can still join the conversation from wherever you are. Contact Lewis for online joining instructions.
Please note this meeting is for both individual and organisational members of the Alliance.
Not yet a Member? Find out how to join the Alliance or contact us if you have any questions about membership.
Book your space by following the registration link below.