Dundee Training Day
Tuesday, 30th October 2018
Location: Room 2F15, Dalhousie Building - University of Dundee, 75 Old Hawkhill, Dundee DD1 5EN
The day will include a morning session on Fundraising and an afternoon on Safeguarding. We hope you can join us for the whole day, but if you can only attend one of the sessions, that’s fine too – just let us know.
Morning (10:00 - 12:30) Innovative ways of Fundraising
- What can innovations in fundraising look like?
EMMS International – Every Life Matters Campaign (Winner of ‘Best Marketing and Communications Campaign’ – Scottish Fundraising Awards 2018) (presentation and discussion)
Scottish Love in Action – Partnership with Tuk Tuk Restaurant (presentation and discussion)
- What does this mean for us? Exploring possible innovations for each organisation.
- Next Steps – planning and sharing ideas
Afternoon 13.30-16.00: Safeguarding - what does it mean for us?
- What do we mean by Safeguarding?
Explore what safeguarding covers. What are the key dimensions and principles of safeguarding?
- What does it mean for our organisation? What does it mean for me?
What are the implications for us? What do we need to do?
What are my responsibilities and what do I need to do?
- Safeguarding Question Time.
Bring your burning questions and challenges about safeguarding
Lunch and refreshments will be provided on the day. If you have any dietary requirements please email email@example.com