Disability Summit Live Stream & Discussion
Tuesday, 24th July 2018
Global Disability Summit Live Stream & Discussion
Please join us for an afternoon of discussion around disability as we livestream the Global Disability Summit.
On 24 July 2018, the UK Department for International Development (UK DFID), along with co-hosts the International Disability Alliance and the Government of Kenya will host the first-ever Global Disability Summit in London, UK.
The Global Disability Summit will aim to galvanise the global effort to address disability inclusion in the poorest countries in the world and act as the start point for major change. DFID’s vision for disability inclusion is: ‘to ensure people with disabilities are consistently and systematically included in international development and humanitarian assistance’.
The objectives of the Summit will be to:
- raise global attention and focus on a neglected area;
- bring in new voices and approaches to broaden engagement;
- mobilise new global and national commitments on disability; and,
- showcase best practice and evidence from across the world.
We will be live streaming the afternoon’s proceedings at our offices in Edinburgh (Hayweight House, 23 Lauriston Street). This is a great opportunity for interested member organisations to discuss and share ideas on the day's events as they happen.
This will include the following plenary discussions:
- Inclusive Education
- Economic Empowerment
- Technology and Innovation
- Final Plenary - World Bank
- Final Keynote
- Closing Remarks (including next steps, accountability on delivery of Summit commitments)
Space will be limited! Please note that only current members of Scotland's International Development Alliance can book onto this event. Not a member yet? Find out how to join us here.