Safeguarding, Whistle-blowing, Reporting - Information Event for Members Only
Wednesday, 28th March 2018
Hayweight House, 4th Floor, 23 Lauriston Street, Edinburgh EH3 9DQ
The Alliance is holding a special event on safeguarding, whistleblowing and reporting mechanisms at our head office. This event will be an opportunity to share best practice and get advice on safeguarding policies and practices, whistleblowing and reporting requirements.
Recent events are tragic, but they do give us all an opportunity to review our own situations and take all the steps we can to put the best systems in place for our organisations and all our stakeholders, especially our beneficiaries. How can we create and sustain a genuine, deep-rooted culture which runs throughout our organisations, of zero tolerance of abuse?
Our information day on 28th March brings together specialist speakers on these topics, including:
- Jane Salmonson, CEO, Scotland's International Development Alliance (The Alliance)
- Judith Turbyne, Head of Engagement, Office of the Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR)
- Anna Myers, Director of Whistleblowing International Network
- Lorraine Currie, Head of International Programmes, Scottish Catholic International Aid Fund (SCIAF)
- Paul Liddell BCC Children in Need.
The event will be held under ‘Chatham House Rules’ to encourage information sharing in confidence and will be for members only.
The objective is to leave attendees better informed on how to find or develop the best safeguarding policies for their organisation, how to implement them, how to work with partner organisations on safeguarding, how to encourage and protect ‘whistleblowers’ and how to comply with statutory and donors’ requirements on reporting.